Whisky Bruichladdich

Bruichladdich is located on the island of Islay, on the western shore of Loch Indaal. The distillery was founded in 1881 by brothers Robert, William and John Gourlay Harvey. Until 1994, only unpeated malt was used, which distinguishes it Bruichladdich from other Islay distilleries. Since reopening in 2001, both unpeated and peated whiskies have been produced. Bruichladdich is the only one on Islay to be filled on site. The distillery has a long history, but the most important part is currently being written by head distiller Jim McEwan. Innovative and with great attention to detail, Jim and his staff always manage to keep the whisky world on its toes and bring new strokes of genius to the market.